Saturday, November 19, 2011

Worst Cook in the World

Who sits at home sick on a Saturday night googling "how to cook an omelette" and watching youtube videos of chefs demonstrating their omelette-cooking skills after a disastrous attempt to make one for dinner? Me. That's who.

Honestly I have got to be the worst cook in the world. I don't know why. My mom's a great cook. My dad is a pro at steak and spaghetti. But beyond tacos, chili, baked ziti, and other baked goods, I'm awful. Its a shame because I truly love the idea of cooking and adore recipes. I can get caught up in allrecipes.com and the Food Network but when it comes to actually putting into practice, I'm inept.

But back to omelettes: this guy seems to have a good idea - half cooking on the stove, half in the broiler. Side note: this 5min.com site is pretty interesting... they have a ton of instructional videos, most under 5 minutes. Probably should spend more time in the food section. ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment