Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Maybe Not So Awful..

Since I last posted, I've taken it upon myself to try and make more of an attempt at cooking. The past few Sundays I have made some delicious meals with my new best friend, the crock pot.

The first was a pork and sauerkraut stew with homemade mashed potatoes from this site called "Recipes from a German Grandma." I have been craving German food ever since our honeymoon and I must say, it was pretty amazing. Jer and I both had leftovers for lunch all week.


Then last Sunday, I made a good pot roast from a recipe i found on Allrecipes. My mom came over to help us eat it thank heavens because there was a lot of food.

Having made two dishes that don't suck and are actually pretty good, I feel like I may be able to try other things beyond using the slow cooker. But maybe I'm not so awful after all... for now. We'll see what happens next Sunday...

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm… Sauerkraut-Eintopf mit Schweinerippen und Kartoffelbrei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm! Looks delish. Save us some!

    ReplyDelete